Media Art & Theory
From 2006 to 2009 I worked at the Ludwig-Boltzmann Institute Media.Art.Research, first as (key)researcher, from 2008 as its vice-director.
You find an overwiew about all the activities and results of the institute in its final report
I directed several research projects on interactive art (see interactive art) and was involved in various projects concering the documentation and archiving of new media art (see documentation).
Lectures and papers focussing specifically on questions of media theory include:
- Mediated Massage. Embodiment, Connectedness and Alienation in New Media Art, lecture at the conference: RE-TOUCHING McLUHAN - The Medium is the Massage, Canadian Embassy, Berlin (2011)
- Arjen Mulder: From Image to Interaction, book presentation, V2 Institute for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam, 2011
I gave several classes on the topic, including
- Kunstgeschichte im Iconic Turn (LMU München, 2003)
- Medientheorie (LMU München, 2006)
- From Cybernetics to Web 2.0: Interactivity as paradigm of New Media Art (Donau-Universität Krems, 2009)
- Perception, Communication, Interaction (Rhode Island School of Design, 2006)